Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Everyday I'm hustlin'

What a long strange trip its been. Conceived on the streets of philadelphia, inspired by a girl who wanted TMoney and I to sniff her armpit, the fainting goats has successfully helped me waste a year of my life. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Lets look back at a few of the highlights from the past year.
First of all, the video that gave this blog its name. I thought maybe the joke would have gotten old by now.
Nope, still hilarious.

In the beginning, I didn't really know what this blog was supposed to be(I still don't), so posting was sporadic -- hit or miss. Surely one of the hits that kept me going in the early days was drunken tales. Be it the reason I hate Wisconsin or pranking my narcoleptic roommate, the drunken belligerence was always a hit. A post in that category is still the most commented on in the history of fainting goats, with 8 comments. Prolific.
Kind of along those same lines was this post. My short lived attempt at live-blogging a trip.

Fast forward a bit, the blog has also given me opportunity to tune my ill-gotten photoshop skills, first there was this.

Pretty shitty. Then I used the photoshop skillz to augment a post. A post that was a blatant ripoff of The Dugout, but good stuff nonetheless. You may remember the team to beat.

And then there was the infamous Bonds gorilla.still not racist. And I should point out that was the result of my calling out of TMoney which he responded to in kind.

It was exciting time here then, the first flowers of spring had just bloomed. It was the time when a young man's fancy turns to love. Plus I had just started to hit my stride (evidence look at the March posts).

And we had a new gimmick here. DEATHMATCH LISTOFF, ie an excuse to post as many copyright violations as possible in record time. It began with adult swim shows, then moved on to places visit in the mushroom kingdom, stoner movies, video games, rap lyrics, simpsons episodes, bands of our youth and finally beer. Judge the winner for yourself (its me). I think the best one ever was the rap lyrics, culminating in this fucking badass headbutt of a post.

Another interesting idea I had around that time was the phriday philler post. Concept was simple, a linkdump of random crap I come across during the ridiculously excessive amount of internet surfing I do each week. Sometimes they have themes, sometimes not. But they always start off with a crazy picture (usually somewhat humorous) and then bounce all around the interwebs. I think the best one I ever did was this one. Can't go wrong with some Korean sex sculptures.

Theres a few other posts that should be mentioned:

My short-lived attempt at gonzo journalism went pretty well I think. Maybe I will write a book someday.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first championship by a Philadelphia team in my lifetime.

In addition to the gonzo posts, my job is a good inspiration occasionally. See here and especially here.

And finally, I invited anyone with a gmail address to become a contributor to this blog. It's a standing offer.

I'm getting tired from patting myself on the back, so I'm wrapping this up. I didn't include anything from the past two months or so, but chances are if you're reading this you read that too. So check back early and often for more of the drunken rants, excessive amounts of video, random pictures and headlines from song lyrics that only I recognize. And peruse the archives at your own risk.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a loyal Wisconsinite, I feel I must take umbrage at your scorn for my fair state, but what's the deal with Marquette and cheap wine? I've only been to one Marquette party but it was seriously called 'The Tour de Franzia.'

Clever but come on, you're in Milwaukee, you should be drinking beer.