Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm back, baby!

And by I, I mean football. Watching two always-disappointing preseason games right now. We got the local broadcast of Eagles-Ravens and 49ers-Broncos on ESPN, aka the Bill Walsh Memorial bowl. So here's a couple quick hit thoughts before I start working on the fainting goats' 1-year anniversary post for tommorrow.


  • The eagles have some rookie DB named last name Barksdale. I hope he gets serious playing time just for the Wire comparisons that I am bound to make. For example, Barksdale is the kingpin of the secondary. OK, that's weak but I'll work on it.

  • Is it just me or is the whole "Bill Walsh is a genius" thing overrated. I mean, he's still a football coach, right? Sure he invented the West Coast offense, but I don't think any sports coach deserves to be placed in the pantheon of geniuses. Einstein and Bill Walsh playing chess in heaven. Also, no disrespect intended to the deceased, but Mike Tirico is practicing necrophilia with how he's sucking Walsh's dick during this telecast.

  • The other football started this weekend too, by which I mean the English Premier League. The most memorable moment for me was when super-scouser Steven Gerrard rescued Liverpool with an amazing free kick in the 87th minute. As the announcer said something along the lines of "Steven Gerrard has Liverpool-red blood running through his veins."


That's it, check in Tuesday for something special?

0 comments: