Monday, August 27, 2007

Brett Myers: Classy Individual

I'm sure you are all aware of Phillies closer Brett Myers blowing the game by giving up two dongs on Saturday night. No? Well take it from me it was awful. Just a small part of the Phillies slow march toward losing the Wild Card by one game. I think it will be to the Braves this year. But what you may not have heard is the postgame blowup between Myers and a 20some-year veteran of the Inquirer sportsdesk. Here's a transcript of the exchange via Bugs & Cranks. I am going to refrain from any domestic abuse jokes.

Sam Carchidi: “You thought they both were pop ups?”

Brett Myers: “Yeah, didn’t you? You think they crushed ‘em?”

SC: “The first one I thought was out, the second one no.”

BM: “Yeah, cause you’re a retard, you don’t know shit about fuckin’ baseball. You’re filling in for somebody.”

SC: “How do you spell ‘retard’?”

BM: “You know how to spell it, it’s in your fuckin’ vocabulary, I’m sure you know.”

SC: “You are classy, I’ll tell ya.”

BM: “Go on. [Get] outta here, you fuckin’ idiot.”

SC: [pointing at Brett Myers] “You’re the fuckin’ idiot.”

BM: “Hey! You pointin’ at me motherfucker?! I’ll tell you what, dude, I’ll knock you mutherfucking out! FUCK YOU!!! You’re tough when fuckin’ people are standing in front of you, aren’t you, you piece of shit! Come on! You fucking idiot. Yeah, you’re tough when fuckin’ people are standing in front of you, you stupid ass.”

SC: “I’m a retard?”

BM: “Yeah, that’s right, YOU ARE, you’re a fucking idiot. You ask stupid ass fucking questions!”


In no way am I influenced by my journalistic background in saying that Brett Myers is on steroids.

Although the reporter is clearly being a prick. I know old heads like that guy at work -- they are all like "the internet is fad" and shit.

Edited audio of the exchange here.

0 comments: