Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Runnin' up on them crackers in they city hall


I have to get up at an ungodly hour tommorrow to cover the "Educators 500" in Philly (don't ask). So I don't feel like making the effort to put together a coherent piece of prose, which more than likely would be pretty shitty anyway.

So here's some observations in handy bullet format. Also, I'm watching the opening game of what is sure to be a highly competitive Nationals-Phillies season series, so something related to that might sneak in as well.

-Read this in a couple places, but you think Imus wishes he had made his ill-considered comments a week later? I do. And I gotta agree with someone named Ace Cowboy in that the MSM are much like a bunch of locusts, decending and devouring anything in their path.

-Speaking of which, I'm sorry for the victims at Va Tech and their families (being shot dead or knowing someone who was sucks a big one, I'm sure) -- but more than 6 times as many people died in a massacre in Iraq today, and I don't see Katie Couric or Wolf Blitzer descending on Baghdad like some sort of "good journalist." In fact the only reason I know about that is because I get all my news from the Internets and the AP wire.

-OMG that guy was clearly out stealing. Is that a Crawford brother umping second?

-Don't know if you heard about the whole Howard Eskin vs. Charlie Manuel donnybrook, but the funniest thing I saw was a comment by someone on the the 700 level comparing the it too the fight between Mike and Clint at the moon tower in Dazed and Confused. And I quote someone named "GM Carson."
Eskin: "I was just making an observation, you guys are losing a lot."

Charlie: "An observation, huh? So I'm losing with my friends, so I'm a fuckin loser. (pushes Eskin) Don't let your beard write a check your butt can't cash. What's the matter, pussy, outta observations? Why don't you observe while I punch your teeth down your fuckin throat."

-Also just saw over there that Brett Myers is going to the pen. I gotta say... i kinda like that move. I can see him as a set up guy, plus now fans can heckle him in the pen. The 700 level kills it for philly sports blogging, no doubt.

-Damn I gotta get out and buy NIN's new disc "Year Zero." It is a concept album set 15 years from now in some sort Orwellian, Post-Apocalyptic future. Plus it changes colors when you play it!

-VICTORINO! ground out. I am shocked. Color me shocked. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the problems with the Phillies start with Victorino and end with Howard. They need to start hitting.

-Shit I'm running out of ideas ... but wait, the Phillies are coming back a little. I really wanna see wife-beater come out of the pen and blow it. DOBBS with the clutch hit. I am going to assume his name is Lou Dobbs. *researching* Nope Greg Dobbs. Apparently Manuel called him "hotter than a bitch in heat" during spring training. I seriously wish Charlie would kick Howard Eskins ass. That would be freakin awesome.

-Thats all I got, so just to keep this whole adult swim argument going, there is no way robot chicken is overated. At all.
And now to NOT back up my blanket statement, here is the first half of the Dethclown episode of Metalocalypse.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dethklown's music video is awesome. he does love the cocaine.