Monday, April 30, 2007

On the Bandwagon: Golden State Warriors

I had a sneaking suspicion that I liked the Warriors when I watched them score 45 in the first quarter against the Suns. But I wasn't going to commit to a team that may or may not make the playoffs. I have enough sports-neurosis without adding another non-playoff NBA team to the mix.

But now its different. Don Nelson is Johnny Cash somehow. Baron Davis, heretofore known as BDAVIS, decided to become a fucking assassin circa 2000. He's like an New Yorker reader's Gilbert Arenas. Not going to get his own blog anytime soon, but still rocks the beard.

Lets run down their line-up shall we?

BDAVIS


SG - Jason Richardson

He's a two time slam-dunk champion. A two-footed jumper, as they say. You know, pop some threes and heat it up on occasion.


Stephen Jackson
His craziness makes him good. Will take and make big shots all day. Helped win it for the Spurs in 99.


Matt Barnes
He's got some sort of mohawk and used to play for the sixers, good enough for me. Here he is gripping up on Stephen Jackson.


Mickael Pietrus/Al Harrington
So different, yet so the same. One is French, the other is Al Harrington.


So yeah, I'll be over at Say Hey to get my Bay Area fandom on, mainly so I can listen in of the swaggiest locker room still alive.

Also this.

1 comments:

tdenevi said...

I just hope the raper E40 is smiling somewhere in the Oakland ghetto.

I think Snoop Dogg enjoyed the series in his Warriors jersey.

T