Thursday, April 19, 2007

Deathmatch counterpunch: Best Adult Swim Shows

OK yeah I ripped the birdman, sorry about that. I have only seen it a couple times and cannot be faulted for any resulting ignance. My list is a little more "focused" on the absurdist. As anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time knows, making sense isn't my number one priority. And I apologize in advance if this makes no sense.

5. Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. So ridiculous. Foreigner Belt is some of the greatest shit ever. Plus the Mooninites pwned Boston. And any cartoon that can inaccurately be described as dadaist by the associated press is A-OK in my book.

4. Futurama. Penalized because it isn't "originally" an Adult Swim show. I'd still probably rather watch it than anything else on this list though. Denevi already took the best clip so I can't really find anything else to .... MULTIBALL! BLERN! BLERRRRRRN!


3.Venture Bros. I always forget about this show. But I always watch it if I see it on, so there you go. ahahaha the Mummy got kicked in the nuts.

2. Sealab 2021. I am tired and cannot support my choices anymore, so take it from Moby Dick.


1. Robot Chicken. Hilarious dark as hell satire everytime, plus you can re-enact your favorite sketches at home with all your action figures. Don't tell me I'm the only one that does that. Here's the infamous tooth fairy sketch, its probably wrong that I find this hilarious.
"Is mom coming?"
"DISNEYLAND!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so this would be easier if i could actually post it to the blog...but oh well. here it is...grant's top 5.

5) Frisky Dingo: this relatively new addition to the adult swim lineup is from the people behind sealab 2021 and it is absolutely hilarious...it even has some sort of plot..."yeah, that ain't a pickle" "i know, it's your penis."
4) Venture Brothers: brock samson...enough said. "it's icarus. so what are you trying to tell me here little man, that you don't like zep?" denevi, that quote is for you.
3) Sealab 2021: In the days of Captain Murphy, this show could do no wrong...then the actor had to go and die and the show went downhill...it was still good, but it just wasn't the same. "pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! but it'll help..."
2) The Boondocks: I'll have to assume you guys forgot about this one...b/c it is very good beyond the typical adult swim randomness that i usually enjoy. plus charlie murphy and samuel l. play white dudes...and ruckus is also hilarious...the episode where he goes to white heaven and talks to ronald reagan (total douche by the way) is classic.
1) Space Ghost: Coast to Coast - This show started it all...and i still think it's the best.

honorable mention to follow...

Anonymous said...

honorable mention...

Futurama - very good, but since it originally aired on fox, i'm leaving it off...but definitely one of the best.

Harvey Birdman - so good, but didn't crack the top five. i've already talked enough about it previously.

Home Movies - Underrated...coach mcguirk is great...squigglevision from season one is super annoying.

Moral Orel - Any show that mocks christianity is good by me.

Perfect Hair Forever - This show is random even by adult swim standards...i don't know what the hell is going on, but the old horny chinaman is hilarious...i'm assuming this show is making fun of anime somehow.

Squidbillies - This show sucked when i tried to watch it during season 1...i gave it another chance during season 2 and i was actually quite impressed...the local police officer clones are pretty funny.

Stroker and Hoop - Not bad...that's about it.

Super Milk Chan - I'm only mentioning this one because the president is absolutely hilarious...especially when he gives a press conference on the importance of chewing your food well...otherwise this show is just too weird and japanese.

tim and eric awesome show great job! - this is a new show which i like a lot...tim and eric have very eccentric senses of humor, and it usually leads to entertaining skits, songs, and/or dances.

cowboy bebop - needed one anime...and this is the best in my opinion...intergalactic bounty hunters with a welsh corgi (that's right tommy, just like your mommy and daddy)

also, on may 13th adult swim is showing 5 new pilots...so yeah, hopefully they'll have something good for us.

Anonymous said...

i forgot...

aqua teen hungerforce - me like.
metalocalypse - me like.
minoriteam - ok.
robot chicken - ok.
saul of the molemen - me like.
tom goes to the mayor - ok.
assy mcgee - ok.
brak show - ok.

ok, now i'm done.

thope said...

did you list every show ever on adult swim? i say yes

and I definitely forgot about boondocks, go ahead and replace venture bros with huey freeman et al. it actually has something to say, never more than in the epic Martin Luther King episode, check out the
MLK speech

Anonymous said...

not every one...but close.

Anonymous said...

best line - "when i drop a fairy you know i am only getting started motherfucker"
verbal gold i tell ya.
Dan

tdenevi said...

GBot, you're the vocie of the people--very knowledgeble people. Great list. THough I myself am not a Boondocks fan--too heavy handed, for some reason--and the fake blood and gore on Robot Chicken creeps me out. Yes. I am a wimp.