Friday, August 14, 2009

Three years isn't that long a time

A few meta-ish house-cleaning type items to wrap up the week ...

Firstly, that rant I wrote last week about commenters and Cracker Barrel got quoted and linked on Philebrity, which meant more people looked at that than a normal post, like 20 times more. Which is good, even if was under the false pretense that I am a philly.com comment moderator. I'm not.

As much as I enjoyed that huge traffic spike I still will not pimp this thing, ever. Not in my nature to self-promote, unfortunately for my career I guess. Although it was suggested I get an "agent," which I have no idea how to do but sounds appealing. That is my way of saying I will never pursue it.

I finished Anathem, and there may be something about that in the future, but maybe only in a different worldtrack where I am actually paid a living wage. A man can dream. Up next is "Jesus Son" by Denis Johnson, and "White Noise" by Don DeLillo because Jesus Son is really short and I will probably finish it on the Chinatown bus this weekend. Yes TMoney, I do occasionally listen to your suggestions.

And finally, this blog turns 3 today. Holy shit, I can't believe I've been doing this since 2006. This blog was started right after I logged off MySpace while wearing Crocs. Over 750 posts on everything from presidential primaries to whales. And filler, with lots and lots of videos. I went back through the archives and tried to find a post that could sum it all up. It was a brutal failure, but this one about making up sins gave me a chuckle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goats! Three years? Holy shit. Why do I have a feeling that we'll all be dead and gone soon. I'd blame Cylons, but that would be so three years ago.

Happy birthday, you horned bastard.

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you got that link. I question the aptitude of the author's journalism since the name of the "local newspaper" appears twice in the comment section.
Aaaahhhh, irony.

"the Dumb is just in the air now" Yes it is sir, yes it is.

-Shib