Monday, March 10, 2008

They can make up sins now?

So apparently a bunch of Gelgameks were wondering why more and more people don't care about the Vatican or confession or something (I just skimmed the article). And they decided the best way to reach out to young people in this global age is to tell them more shit that will send them to Hell. That's right, it's the 7 deadly sins updated for a new generation. These new sins are more extreme no doubt.

Let's take a look at this latest shining beacon of enlightenment in handy list form (plus snark). It's no 10 commandments of driving, but still:

Environmental pollution - Hey, I agree with this!
Genetic manipulation - Is this just in people? What about Monsanto?
Accumulating excessive wealth - Why does the church hate the american dream?
Creating poverty - I don't know how you do this.
Drugs - Does this count scripts? Or just illegal drugs?
Human experiments - But what about the super-soldiers? We need them to fight foreigns!
Social Injustice - The Dickensian aspect (every post will now contain at least one Wire reference).


Christ these are vague. If I actually lent any credence to what the Catholic Church said, I would need more specifics on how I can avoid committing these new sins. C'mon Nazi Pope, a little help please?

No. These will be interpreted by jackasses in ways that benefit their own ideals. And that includes me. But where I look to the anti-wealth stuff to further my pinko agenda, the religious nuts and instead focus on the human experiments i.e. stem cells. Also I'm not sure where abortion and birth control fit in, but I'm sure its there. Glorious moranity.

Surely this will turn Catholicism around. Be patient, the Vatican is like a giant oil tanker, not the most maneuverable religion. It's no Church of the Subgenius, that's for sure. But hey, if this doesn't work there is always the manga bible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah - The Church. So full of hypocrisy. So its now a sin to accumulate excessive wealth. Clearly this doesn't apply to religious institutions, right? I mean why would they create a sin, that they themselves are possibly the largest purveyors. And also by the same token they clearly aren't creating any social injustice by hoarding massive amounts of money, land, art work, etc., etc., instead of giving some people in africa some clean drinking water. Wait a minute! I think I just had a revalation. It IS a sin to create a social injustice, but it is OK to allow social injustices to continue to exist, even though one clearly has the resources to do something about it. Praise be to Jeebus. And the Nazi Pope.

charles said...

I was under the assumption most poverty was created in hobo factories.

E-roc said...

Bindle futures?

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to be libertarian and Communist?

thope said...

Communist on economics, libertarian on social issues? What do they call that? A Democrat? shudder