Monday, September 10, 2007

The man on the street can eat a dick

Yeah you heard me. In case you don't know what I mean by "man on the street" it's the shit in your local newspaper where some random jerk comments on a big national story. This is often called "localizing"

And I fucking hate doing it. I don't want to talk to random people. I am anti-social except when I'm drunk or on drugs. Why do you think I blog?

Today, for example, I had to go out and ask people about what they think about the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11. Are you suffering from 9/11-mourning fatigue? Do you think they've done enough to catch Bin Laden? Is there any more meaningless anniversary than 6th? Have you ever hijacked an airplane? And so on.

I guess maybe I should have considered this before I became a reporter. Fourth estate my ass. Is it good that I hate the media as a member of the media? Grah. At least I'm not Chuck Storm.

3 comments:

tdenevi said...

At first I thought someone knocked him the fuck out. ANd then i realized it was a sign. ha ha ha. you see what happens meeedja? Do you see what happens?

my god you must deal with so many douches.

Anonymous said...

Dude just make up all the quotes.

"September 11th? The Merle Haggard Box Set is being released, right? Might swing past the Buy on the way home and pick it up."
-Grant B., Minneapolis

Anonymous said...

Tommy Boy -- I haven't been to the Goat in months, and when I return, I find you bitching about journalism and localization. That got me. But what really got me, is the same day your shitting on localization, I read this gem about 9/11 in San Diego Union-Tribune: "'9/11 is my generation's JFK assassination.' MATTHEW LUCKHAM, 25, Del Mar, financial advisor." Some jerk, huh?