Thursday, September 20, 2007

Don't tase me, bro!

Have you heard about the University of Florida student who was tased at the John Kerry speech? It has been all over the web recently. Some call it another act of police brutality and example of "Amerika's new police state." Others say that the kid is a total jackass who got what was coming to him.

I'm undecided at this point. The kid was trying to make a scene, and clearly he's a jackass. But does that warrant a tasering? Police are allowed to fuck you up just because you are acting a fool? I kind of wish the kid was black so this would be an even bigger deal.

Nevertheless, we can all thank the young man for introducing the phrase "Don't tase me, bro!" into the cultural lexicon.

1 comments:

tdenevi said...

Why does that somehow remind me of a Kappa Sigma formal?