Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I am the walrus

Urge to kill rising.

The Video Mac at work decided to crap out yesterday. Well, I should say one of its two hard drives went all clicky and unreadable. The one with the OS on it. Fortunately, all our raw video footage saves on the other drive.

So I was going to install OSX and FinalCut Pro on the alternate drive today so as to edit assorted videos. Some 80 minutes or so needed to be pared down to 30 by the weekend. Sure, it would have been a pain in the ass, but what else would I be doing, writing this blog?

Unfortunately my esteemed boss and editor had other ideas. He decided to take the contraption to the Apple store to get it fixed last night after I left. When I left he said he would give me a call to let me know what was going on, as the top geek at the office was still working on it at the time. I believe my last words to him were "keep me informed." He didn't call.

In case you didn't know (my boss didn't), you need an appointment to bring your Apple in for service. So now that shit is fucking sitting there for 48 hours, and then they will be looking at it. I wish my bosses name was Larry.



That clip is embedded from the new Fox-NBC video sharing joint, Hulu. Pretty good stuff on there, despite the horrible selection of Simpsons clips. I just spent the past 30 minutes looking for the best Office clip to illustrate the similarities between my boss and Michael Scott. It was pretty cathartic.

But none of them truly captured what I was looking for. So here's another from The Big Lebowski. Must refrain from quoting The Jesus at work.

0 comments: