Thursday, March 20, 2008

FGBC: Blah motherf*cking Blah

Longtime readers here will know I usually regard this blog with a mix of casual indifference and petulant disdain. And that was certainly the case last week, when this beloved feature didn't get posted (or written for that matter).

Excuses for this failure are legion -- mainly I was waging some sort of cold war style conflict with Final Cut Pro. Fucking Apple. I hope Steve Jobs gets cancer. What? Oh ...

Perhaps its best if we move on. If I was keeping up with the self-imposed schedule, we would be on chapter 10 of Blood Meridian at this point. I think I'm actually still on chapter 8 -- but I'm not sure because the book accidentally got kicked under the couch last week in a bout of belligerence and I left it there.

Something about Indians or squaws. I do remember a bunch of conversations in spanish, which was riveting because I don't speak a lick of spanish. Although I'm not sure it would have made any sense even if I did understand it. Huh?

The part where the black guy decapitates the white guy was pretty cool. Take that whitey, hahahahaha!

Yeah, so in case you haven't noticed, there's actually a summary of what happens in each chapter at the beginning of that chapter. So in lieu of me writing summaries, and in turn being forced to think, just read that. Analysis makes my brain hurt, especially mornings after the $2 Lager special at Jitters. So if this post is rambling and incoherent, blame Yuengling.


Unanswered Questions

Will this be the last ever book club post?
Narrative similarities to Murder by Death lyrics?
Jackson & Jackson, old west equivalent of black and white cookie?
Judge Holden or Anton Chirgurgh?
Que?

1 comments:

tdenevi said...

Oh! I've missed you terribly, beloved goats. Never say no to me.

TD