Monday, November 26, 2007

Penguins are awesome

Last night I was watching March of the Penguins (What? It's not like there was a football game on or anything) and I came to the conclusion that penguins are great. Easily in the animal top 10 and probably the only birds on the list.

Listening to the dulcet tones of Morgan Freeman describe those little suckers braving the cold of Antarctica on their 70-mile walk to and from the sea every couple months, I realized something. Awwwwwwwwwww.

Looking around the internets, there are a ton of homemade penguin movies set to electronica for some reason. Does the birds flightless nature mean they take e-bombs? I guess chilling under the aurora australis is kind of like being around a bunch of free-basing glowstick dancers.

You may remember the Futurama episode were Bender thinks he's a penguin. I just read the script and it was good. Penguins only have two goals in life: 1. Acquire food 2. Frolic. Always remember the wisdom of Free Waterfall Sr. who once said, "Look nobody enjoys shooting penguins. But if you have to shoot penguins, well you might as well enjoy it." Also the buttocks are nature's pocket.

In other news, this little gif amuses me.

As per usual I am a little late picking up on this whole penguin trend -- there have been a couple animated features in the past year or so capitalizing on penguin popularity. But to be honest, I prefer real life penguins, not the surfing or dancing variety.

Anyway, here's a video. I think its from the british version of Planet Earth. David Attenborough > Sigourney Weaver

3 comments:

charles said...

I show my approval with a mold-friendly thumbs up.

thope said...

Please hold your thumbs until the end.

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie Happy Feet this past weekend. It goes along with the penguin theme. It was suprisingly enjoyable. They have been playing it on HBO. In other news, I meet some people the other night and this one guy mentioned the My New Haircut video. Needless to say we then did some Jager bombs. Awesome. YouTube really does bring people together.