Friday, May 18, 2007

Phriday Philler



"I'm livin in an age, whose name I don't know. Though the fear keeps me moving, still my heart beats so slow."
-Arcade Fire



Do you know who Ron Paul is? Crazy-ass Republican Libertarian candidate for president? He made waves in the latest GOP debate when he said part of the reason for 9/11 was the U.S. foreign policy in the previous 10 years. To which Rudy Guiliani responded:
"WHAT WHAT WHAT!"
But Paul is slowly forcing his way into the way the MSM talks about the race, even though he represents everything their against. Anti-war, anti-bureaucracy, pro-legalization, pro-constitution.
Never thought I'd like a so-called "Goldwater" conservative, but here we are.
My favorite part is where Paul says he isn't blaming the American people for 9/11, and CNN flashes the graphic -- "Blames the US for Sept. 11"

SHUT UP BLITZER! Stop ignoring the facts you jingoistic bastard.


Keeping with the bellige politics, if you haven't heard about former Deputy Attorney General James Comey's testimony about Alberto Gonzalez trying to get a bed-ridden sickly John Ashcroft to sign off on the illegal wire-taps, you really are missing out. Here's the video if you want to see it for yourself. As the Daily show so aptly put it, Comey don't play that.


Finally on a lighter note, Ichiro says he could pitch later in his career. I don't even have a joke here. I actually want him to come pitch for the Phillies. Could he play in the field on the days he's not pitching? I am now rhythmically clapping my hands while saying "ee-chee-row."


Thats it, enjoy your weekend, I know I will.

3 comments:

tdenevi said...

I just watched Brett Myers walk Matt Stairs with two on in the ninth.

You don't deserve to win games, Phillies. Shane Victorino is turning in his lei-strewn grave.

tdenevi said...

Wes Helms just saved the game for you. And I threw up in my mouth.

thope said...

I read an article in the local rag today comparing Brett Myers to Bruce Sutter.

Wes Helms has been eating his roids.

.500 bitches!