Thursday, May 10, 2007

Deathmatch listoff: Best Video Games

Feel free to dispute this. But you will be wrong.

5 Mike Tyson's Punchout
Tyson's right, such finger speed IS rarely seen. Wink at me will you? Well take this punch to the face which leaves with your mouth humorously agape!
Also, I'll learn you to mock me with your chomping "King" Hippo. Ahhh no I'm purple now!


4 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
A shoutout to my RPG-playing homies. With all apologies to Final Fantasy -- actually scratch that, final fantasy is dumb and too Japanese.
This game was the second best reason to get an XBOX circa 2003. And I don't even like star wars all that much. I'm not going to post a video of the ending of this game cause its a huge spoiler.


3 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Clearly the GTA franchise needs to be represented. This is merely the most recent and most expansive GTA as of yet. I'll take that paper.
As for this video, I really couldn't turn down the combination of stealing a tank and Rammstein.


2 Super Mario Bros. 3
This game and I have a long and erotic history. Wait ... what?
It all goes back to freshman year at college when Max, Rosstafarian and I played a two player game all the way too the end, with no warp whistles at all. It took about 8 1/2 hours. Time well spent I'd say.



1 Halo

I still play this online (Halo 2 that is) on a fairly regular basis. Just straight up killing people. Few things bring as much joy to a hardened VG-vet like myself like the one-shot kill, sniper to the head. Either that or sticking a grenade to somebody's face.


So that's my list. There are some notable omissions so have at 'er as you will in the comments or whatever.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that the best new game that has yet to be released is mike vick's pitbull challenge. who doesn't like dog fights? it will be fun for the whole family.
Dan