Friday, April 11, 2008

Does this mean I'm politically engaged?

Apologies to my two regular readers for not posting anything of substance this week. It's been long. But I should be able to put some stuff up here today with varying degrees of tweedy pertinence. Not filler.

First a reason for goat neglect. On Wednesday Barack Obama was at a local high school for one of his trademark "town hall" style rallies. It could be considered a job perk that I got to attend video camera in hand. Pretty cool actually, even if we members of the working press had to wait around for 5+ hours for Obama to show up.

Now I have not been to any political rallies before. It's not really my nature to care. But this was something, almost a rock concert-type atmosphere. Obama volunteers call and response going back and forth -- "Ba-Rack O-Bam-A" "Yes We Can" -- and there was even a wave going around at one point.

Clearly Obama supporters are the coolest. Well, at least the one guy who I know from back in our days working together delivering pizzas at Rons. In the days before he became big in the Obama campaign I harbor suspicions that he stole my weed. But that's neither here nor there.

Upon Obama's entrance he went around shaking hands with the crowd, which was hilarious to watch on video with no sound after the fact. Members of the crowd are straining and reaching. And if Obama provides even the slightest of contact it's like the touch of god. You can almost hear the shrieks of I TOUCHED OBAMA as they jump up and down like they won the lottery. You can watch it here, with more of my "awesome" voiceover work.

Maybe that is only amusing to me, but its a way better story than the conversation I had with an AP photographer in which he asked me if knew anything about "e-music" whatever that means. I should have responded "like on the tubes?"

6 comments:

charles said...

Hooray for tweedy pertinence!

tdenevi said...

Oh Goats...you always come back. I'll continue to make dinner for you and wait patiently.

I wish HST hadn't euthanized himself. He would've had a good take on all this.

Andrew said...

I read a good article online on the DLN about an "Asia Spa" in Exton getting busted for prostitution. It should have been titled, "Not So Happy Ending."

Am I one of the two regular readers, or am I exempt from such title since I have posting privileges? That reminds me, I need to pick up the slack. There hasn't been a "top-5 of something ridiculous" in a while.

grant said...

i saw al franken stretching and playing raquetball the other day at the u of mn rec center. i wanted to go shake his hand, but figured i didn't want to be that guy. so you know, i just stood there lifting weights while staring at al franken stretching. not sketchy at all.

E-roc said...

Dear god... I hope you're not talking about Palermo on O-bomb's campaign. That kid's like the turd that won't flush.

thope said...

E-Roc: Nah, its some other guy. Palermo is clearly unable to vote.