Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's almost like some sort of 'rivalry'

A few late Mets-Phillies thoughts while watching Cheeseheads give Geoff Jenkins a standing ovation.

The only reason so many Mets fans show up at Phillies home games is because CBP is about 50 times better than Shea (plus it has fenced in escalators). And no, I've never been to Shea. I don't plan on going.

At the game on Saturday we were in full witness to the the bellig. I wanted to make a whole photo story post about it, but that didn't happen because I didn't take enough pictures. Also, I estimate that I drank for about 12 hours, which may be related. Highlights included this paraphrased exchange with a fat Mets fan across the aisle.
Me: How was September last year?
Fattie: How was getting swept in the playoffs?
Me: How was not making the playoffs?
This went on for a while. Then things took a personal turn.
Fattie: I want my tablecloth back. (referring to the shirt I was wearing, which I guess resembles a tablecloth)
Me: I bet you do! (excessive obnoxious laughter)
Fattie: /leaves game early

But the real news is that we've finally got definitive proof that Mets fans are retarded.


See you all in hell!

2 comments:

charles said...

http://www.youtube.com/user/krovere

Also, thanks for not beating up on Dave Bush, Phillies. You're the first team this year to lose a game he's pitched in.

tdenevi said...

Can you still say retarded?