Monday, April 14, 2008

Wiffles



The other day I was in the sporting goods store looking for a new cup and I spotted the old wifflebat-ball combo. And of course I bought them along with a an extra ball. Just a great game. Making up pitches, arguments over what is or isn't a hit, so many facets.

As tmoney will sure remind you, back in the day we used to have some epic games out in the quad in front of NUKE. The highlight of my wiffle career has to be one particular time when we played a game at 5:30 am after a night of debauchery (Fishing rod? Opium? John Adams?). I believe we were staying up to watch the US play in the 2002 World Cup. I hit a homerun in my first at-bat, and then struck out every time for the rest of the game.

I poked around on the internodes and there is some amusing stuff out there -- for example people getting into wikipedia arguments about whether little Susie's triple should be a part of the online encyclopedia. And of course the wiffle.net.

Clearly I don't have much of a point, except to say: Anybody want to play Wiffleball? I got the equipment.

3 comments:

charles said...

I still have my bat from my NU days. Can't wait to get some weefs going this summer.

grant said...

i'm in and there's a park across the street from my house. so let me know when you're able to meet me there. i'll bring the kronic.

tdenevi said...

I think I'm signing up for a tournament in Homewood.

Also, I remember that homerun. I'm pretty sure it was off me. And I proceeded to throw as hard as I could at you from five feet away the rest of the game, as to avenge it. Not petulant.

TD