Friday, February 29, 2008

Here comes the awesome


If y'all are always hoping for a ginormous philler post, this is your lucky week. Circumstances dictate that I post a excessive amount of links today (ie I have a 2 week backlog + my boss is off today).

But lets start with a story. As you may know, I was up in bumblefuck Vermont skiing last weekend. At one point early on the first day I crashed and went sliding off the trail. Good Times. But little did I know that while escaping physical injury, it was the breaking point for my 20-year-old bindings that my pops got from a garage sale.

I managed to get the skis back on at that point, but then got a little aggressive further down the hill, and wrecked again losing my ski in the process. And this time I couldn't get it back on. I tried sticking my toe in the front part and skiing gingerly -- but that didn't work. Finally I said fuck it and just pirouetted down the mountain on my back, with my one good ski spinning in the air like a gimpy helicopter blade. I'm sure everyone in the lift line enjoyed it.

Anyway, on with the links.

Communist Mario!

One site that has made it into my rotation is Improv Everywhere, a New York comedy troupe that stages large scale pranks. A couple of my faves are stopping time in Grand Central Station and the McDonalds Bathroom Attendant.

In the latest fear-mongering techniques, we have this site. At first I thought it might be satire of some sort, but alas tis not the case. Soul thieves? Christ. Better get your kid a wholesome toy like the PlayMobil Security Checkpoint. Be sure to check the user feedback comments on that.

Gary Busey is insane? You don't say. I thoroughly enjoy watching him berate some 11-year-old reporter asking him retarded questions about Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan. "Winners do what losers don't want to do" whatever that means.



America's biggest export these days is our pop culture according to this article from 10 years ago. It's only a matter of time before this Drunk Girls on Facebook trend sweeps across the globe.

In eco-science news, we have this lamp that is powered by gravity. I definitely want one of those. But that's small potatoes compared this awesome plan for solar power.

The ghost of professional wrestler Owen Hart haunts the arena where he fell to his death. Seems about right.

Baseball games are being played. Sure its only spring training, but that doesn't stop Billy Wagner from being a dick. Play to win against Villanova? What does that even mean?

This week's music video comes courtesy of a tip from the anonymous all-caps commenter who mentioned the quirky indie band How I became the Bomb. Here is a fan-made video for their song "Secret Identity," which is apparently about having a secret identity like Spider-Man or possibly Batman.



Let's see, what else? Kicking footballs at cars? Sure, seems reasonable.

Finally, here's the hilarious and kind of old audio of a cop freaking out on a 911 call after eating some herbal brownies he made with confiscated weed. I think we're dead.

That's it, I'm going to go work on my science project "Extreme Wood." Laters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I previously failed to realize the awesomeness of the picture of you.
-The unlicensed driver

Anonymous said...

LOUD NOISES!

Anonymous said...

Sweet sweet double dose filler. Mmmmmedia.

TD