Monday, June 04, 2007

Deathmatch listoff: Best Simpsons Episodes

I wasn't going to get this started, but others are sandbagging due to lame excuses such as "I need to get good screencaps" and "I'm taking care of my newborn child"

So fuck you fellow contributors, these episodes are now off limits.
Never watch them again.

Lisa the Vegetarian
This is probably my favorite episode ever. Lisa becomes repulsed by the thought of her family eating meat at the same time that Homer plans a BBBQ (The extra B is for BYOBB) What's that extra B for? Typo.
Another good exchange is when Lisa's questions prompt "independent thought alarms" at Springfield Elementary.
Skinner: "Two independent though alarms in one day -- Willie, remove all the colored chalk from the classrooms.
Groundskeeper Willie: I WARNED YE -- THAT COLORED CHALK WAS FORGED BY LUCIFER HIMSELF!
And, finally, where would we be without "Meat and You: Partners in Freedom"


Homie the Clown
Homer Simpson + Clowns = Comic Gold.
"Remind me to have that seat burned."
"That's it, you people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to Clown College."


Deep Space Homer
Gotta represent for the inanimate carbon rod. Cameos by James Taylor and Buzz Aldrin anyone?
My favorite part is when Homer compares meeting Mr. T to going into space.
Plus it features one of the most paraphrased lines on the intermet:
"I, for one, welcome our insect overlords."


Homer loves Flanders
Classic role reversal, where Homer becomes friends with Flanders, and eventually drives him insane.
"Lies make Baby Jesus cry"


A Star Is Burns
"I smell a cheap cartoon crossover"
This episode brings in Jay Sherman aka "the critic" and manages to be funnier than anything "The Critic" ever did. This is epitomized when Jay asks the Simpson crew if they ever want to come visit him in New York, and Bart tells him he doesn't think that will be happening.
And all the movies are fucking hilarious. I was saying Boo-urns.


Goddamn I had to leave out some good episodes, the Simpsons rulez. Fuck it, here's Mojo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my favorite endings for a simpsons episode is the one where rodney dangerfield is mr. burns son. They are at the movie theater and mr. burns and rodney have some sort of connection. Cue the music (Journey, "Any way you want it"),
Marge "Where is all that alcohol and music coming from?"
Homer "Who cares Marge, its a party."

May not be word for word quotes, but you can get the gist of it.
Also Beer Baron episode is good with an awesome ending.

Shibby in the Bush