Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I am totally mailing it in this week

After reading the top 100 best-reviewed Sci-Fi movies of all time today on rotten tomatoes -- because that's, you know, research for my job -- I hit up Circuit City looking for Children of Men or Brazil on DVD. No dice. Apparently visions of post-apocalyptic and Orwellian futures aren't big enough sellers to keep them in stock. More like Circuit Shitty. ZING!

So after resisting an impulse to buy The Wire: Complete Second Season on DVD (Only 59.99, what a deal!) I spotted the South Park The Hits: Volume 1. I was incredulous at first, but picked it up anyway. Oh man check out the back of the box:

"People always ask us, 'What's your favorite episode?' And I say, 'It's so hard. It's like choosing between your children.' But then I would have no problem choosing between my children. It would be the tall, smart one."
So true. Plus the ten episodes are some of the most memorable -- like Towelie, Trapped in the Closet, Awesome-O, Best Friends Forever, Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset, and of course --
Scott Tenorman Must Die.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gar3181@gmail.com

boom

tdenevi said...

I can't either.

On a comletely unrelated note. Barry Zito must die and be buried in the money he stole from me.

T

tdenevi said...

I can't either.

On a comletely unrelated note. Barry Zito must die and be buried in the money he stole from me.

T

thope said...

Double posting and the first part doesn't make sense because you give no context?

-2 for TMoney

Anonymous said...

Scott Tenorman must die is one of the best episodes. Cartman has one of the best lines ever. After he feeds Scott the chili and he is crying and he licks his face and says "The tears of an unfathomable saddness."

Anonymous said...

Instant Classic