Friday, July 31, 2009

I've neglected this long enough


That picture is from this thing I saw on the Internet. A blog, about bikes, even. It's written by some guy who calls himself the bike snob. Cynicism and bikes, which is right up my alley. Of course if you don't participate in "bike culture" that might not be as funny. But it does have lots of pictures of absurd hipster bikes.

Speaking of culture, we have this video of some guy beating a pedestrian about the face and neck with a U-Lock. It's made the rounds, and actually its not so much a reflection of "bike culture" so much as a culture of violence and overreaction. There is a big difference between imagining retribution and acting it out.


Anyway, that's about it for now, maybe more later if I get bored/find something interesting. Signing off from Canada. Apparently I'm no Dave Barry, which is a relief.

0 comments: