Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Unexplained perks

No one has ever accused me of being a diehard hockey fan. Never played, can barely skate, never been to a game, hate Canada, etc. Frankly, I would rather watch soccer. But that all changed, not really, the other night when I attended my first-ever Flyers game and sat in the first row right behind the visitor's penalty box. Maybe you saw me tossing up the shocker on TV? (photo unavailable at this time).

Anyway, its probably more than stating the obvious to say watching a professional hockey game in person, up that close, is a bit more exciting than seeing it on television. Oh shit that guy just got owned on the glass! My friend, who has been to some 50 Flyers' games, said they were the best seats he's ever had. He then offered rimjobs for the guy who hooked us up the tickets.

Anyway, hockey is still the lamest of all the sports to watch on TV, but sitting rinkside is pretty much awesome. Also, I am officially ruined for life on live hockey. Not much else to report. We thought better of pulling the trigger all over the glass on the last Islander penalty (Bill Guerin, still alive!).

Oh wait, there is one other amusing anecdote. The one usher assigned our section brought two skanky cougars down to sit in the empty seats next to us in the third period, presumably as part of some pucks for pussy scheme. They proceeded to annoy the shit out of my friend with their whining about how hot Daniel Briere is, even though he wasn't playing because he's injured. Greh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha. Fourth most important.

Also: rimjobs are acceptable in the hockey world. Strangely masculine?

I got nothin. How about a post on the cultural importance of cougars? (Dance, blog monkey).