Monday, December 01, 2008

This is why we can't have nice things

So as was mentioned here before -- I moved this weekend. Moving sucks. But boy am I glad to be out of the old apartment. The most recent roommate was fun for a while, but well, this anecdote sums it up.

On Saturday night we had a little closing up shop kind of get together. A few friends came over for drinks. I heated up a potato in the microwave and threw it against the wall. All in all, a good time.

After a few hours we decided to head out to the bars. Blah blah, you know the drill. Eventually I got tired and called it a night. I retired back to the apartment by myself, locked it up and hit the sack.

The next thing I know I'm woken up by a police officer yelling through my bedroom door something about getting tazed. Groggily, walked into the main room, where most of the group that had been at our place earlier is sitting sheepishly on our two couches with two cops giving them the business.

Obviously confused and pantsless, I asked the cops what the heck was the trouble? One police indicated that I should look at one of our walls, which just happens to have shattered glass all along its base. Apparently these geniuses and credits to the humanity came back and decided they were not done partying. Who knows what else was involved, but throwing beer bottles our apartment wall seemed to be a big part of whatever they were doing. At 6 a.m.

So now along with the undoubted sacrifice of the security deposit, I now look forward to a nice noise violation fine, for sleeping heavily. Although at least in the morning this situation provided the opportunity to say to the few still lying around passed out, "Y'all are going to either help me clean up, or get the FUCK out." They picked up the glass.

2 comments:

grant said...

haha...classic. kinda like when your old landlord had to show the apartment in evanston...

Unknown said...

Was Metzger there?