Wednesday, June 04, 2008

See the strings that control the system



What has to be the longest presidential campaign is finally over. Well, not "over" per say, but we at least know who the two final candidates will be. Unless one of them dies. You know, because second wave feminists are racist sharpshooters and McCain has cancer.

Nah, that's just the cynicism talking. Now we can "look forward" to "news articles" containing assorted contrived storylines pre-decided by the black liberal elite and war profiteers. These narratives will likely be so annoying by November you won't vote out of spite. At least I know I will. Or won't. Writing is hard.

Anyway, the most obvious storyline is how historic this election is. You see Obama is historically black, and McCain is historically old. Have no doubts that no matter what happens, it will be historic. Oh yes this election will go down in history as one of the most historic elections in the history of elections.

I was just reading the AP roundup story, and Ed Rendell was quoted as saying "I am the last of the Mohicans" for some reason. Apparently my governor is a big fan of Daniel Day Lewis. I look forward to more stupid quotes. Perhaps something about drinking Obama's milkshake? Terrible.

I just wish the good doctor was still around to see this.

1 comments:

tdenevi said...

Goddamn. He went out at a terrible time--just after Bush's reelection, the war continuing on; went out thinking, I think, that everything was happening again, and that his life's work couldn't do a damn thing to prevent it. Which, let's not split hairs (he was a noble thief), was really his goal all along.

I can't believe he wasn't around to see the speech last night. Kinda kills me.