Monday, May 19, 2008

Obamastock 2008

Sometime on Friday between heckling Kevin Mench into leaving the game (he was replaced by the unheckle-able Shannon Stewart) and observing naked women at 7th Heaven me and a few mates (I'm Australian now) were having a discussion about Barack Obama. You know what they say: Nothing goes with strippers and baseball like a frank and drunken discussion about politics.

I was pretty well shit-faced at that point but I do remember having to defend the hope-monger's black ass against criticisms along the lines of "you think the blue-collar dems will vote for him" and "he'll get assassinated." I'm paraphrasing, but I think you get the thinly-veiled racist point. I forget what my response was, probably something about Kaiser Wilhelm or Chairman Mao. I don't know what that means.



That photo there is from an Obama rally where 75,000 godless heathens in Portland gathered on the banks of the Willamette River on Sunday. And it is also going to be my response to any criticisms of our next president from this point forward. People want leadership. They want someone to tell them what's up and not just in hippie-havens like Oregon.

3 comments:

grant said...

You couldn't mock Shannon Stewart for having a girl's name and notoriously wimpy hamstrings? Come on.

Also, Thomas Friedman is the man...and the Times is the best newspaper in the country...well, after yours of course thope.

thope said...

That was a joke. He was mocked mercilously until an usher told us to stop.

Anonymous said...

I forgot our entire conversation about Obama until I just read this. But I did remember the more important stuff like heckling Kevin Mench into leaving the game. It was both obnoxious and hilarious at the same time. I was conflicted.

Also, I posted this comment anonymously despite your earlier threats to remove that power. Suck it.