Thursday, December 27, 2007

disillusioned enlightenment

First, a rant. I was listening to the local Clear-Channel owned 90s rock radio station yesterday, you know, the one where there are no live DJs because its all done with computers (robojock?). Ah yes, computers, putting hardworking disc jockeys out of work since the days of Stampy the Elephant. Don't praise the machine.

Anyway, the prerecorded and/or computerized to be sexy female voice comes on and says something along the lines of "Radio 104.5 -- music for the disillusioned, and the enlightened."

This got me thinking -- am I disillusioned or enlightened? Are the two mutually exclusive? I don't think so. After all, I'm certainly disillusioned with a lot of things, and I also use phrases like "mutually exclusive" which I think shows some degree of enlightenment. Shit, I even enjoyed "The Station Agent" for reasons beyond "ha ha look at the drunk dwarf."

But in the course of writing this, I realized I was trying to gain some measure of insight and meaning from a bullshit radio spot. Coming from one of the most soul-sucking neocon corporations out there, no less. Fuck you Clear Channel! Fuck you with Barbaro's dick!

Yep, definitely disillusioned.



I'm going out of town on balloons this weekend, so no phriday philler this week. But here are few links to tide you over.

The Simpsons wikiquote page. It's missing some of my favorites, but the page does list every freaking episode, so there's bound to be some goodness. Sugary goodness for example. Mmmm ... creamy middles.

The Top 25 Censored News Stories of 2007. That's some fucked up shit right there. Even if only half of it is true. Gold mining threatens Andean Glaciers? Nooooooo!

That's it, enjoy the postcards.

1 comments:

charles said...

if you're seriously riding around under balloons thats crazy.

do you start poppin' em when you want to descend?