Friday, January 22, 2010

Touch of swine

Yo, you fucks remember this thing like two years ago when we would do those "deathmatch listoffs" with subjective opinions on various cultural ephemera? Was that good times? I mean, it was a certainly a good way to build a community in theory I thought at the time. But not in practice, because let's be honest: The goats are not exactly on the radar of anything, despite THE definitive listing of stoner movies. In the end I think the whole list-off thing was just a way for the select few to be self-indulgent and maybe a word that means having poor taste that I can't think of right now because I am drunk and have swine flu probably. It starts with "a" ... fuck. Not asinine. Once again vocabulary lets me down. next day edit: The word was insipid! So I was wrong, but it did start with a vowel. Close enough.

Anyway, I think the point of this as it was started was that I wanted to list something, because I was listening to "Prison Sex" by Tool, which has an amazing opening bass riff. And I thought to myself, what are some of the other top riffs to start songs? Rock riffs: I have limited mental faculties at the moment because of the drinking and the swine flu. So this seemed like it might work, but unfortunately the only other song I could think of was "Blind" by Korn because they always open their sets with it and I thought I might die at Woodstock 99 when that happened. ARE YOU READY for a formative experience?

There is no way I can think of any other good openers at this time, but I don't want to just delete this little guy. So now I'm just going to listen to some Massive Attack, or something else with heavy bass, and reflect on all the things that have gone wrong, you could say, to put me in a place where I am sitting on an uncomfortable couch updating a long-running barely read blog on a Friday night. Drunk with swine flu (probably). Publish post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Androgynous?

No, that doesn't sound right.

Feel better goats. And don't sell us readers short. Like the demons cast out of the swine and into the see in Matthew, we are legion.

Too Biblical?

Anonymous said...

[b]Supreme Search Engine[/b]

[i]A powerful new search engine on the Net! Find information and websites on the Internet. [/i]

[url=http://www.supremesearch.net]Supreme Search Engine[/url]

[url=http://www.supremesearch.net][img]http://www.supremesearch3000.bravehost.com/Mini.jpg[/img][/url]