Monday, January 11, 2010

Scraping a barrel

Hmmm ... what should I put here on the old blog today? The bloggeroo, ol' bloggy mcblogblog ... a madcap rant on the Simpsons 20th anniversary documentary from last night? Funny, in parts. A picture found via through a cursory 2-minute google image search? Been done. Something seal related (either the animal or the singer, doesn't matter)? Bad joke. These are the types of "difficult editorial decisions" I make each day when confronted with this screen:

Daunting right? Staring at all that white space for hours and hours, an intimidating thought. One I am forced(?) to confront everyday, when putting things up here. Which I guess isn't every day. But it is, because often times I'll plan/start posting something, only to violently close the tab in frustration. But will that happen today? Well, no, probably, because you are reading this.

This would be easier if there was some measurable outcome. At least that's what I tell myself when I read some other shit online that's mad prolific. On the other hand, what do I mean by "this" at the start of this paragraph? Writing for the internet? Watching videos of animals doing things one might not expect them to? Taking screenshots? Too many questions, and this is already way over the line of self-indulgence, veering dangerously into violent tab-closing territory. Better put it out there, and be done with it.

edit: Kids can call you Hoju!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're off your case, Chief!

Well essayed, Goats.