Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rollins no punk


Its always a good day when long-time Philly sports columnist and surfer Bill Conlin uses the term "spiked jackboots" in a column. When it comes after a improbable walk-off win over the Dodgers, all the better. In fact, that column is epic -- just like last night's game. Not that I would know, because I fell asleep.

Terrible. The only excuse is that I am still recovering from the binge I went on after the Game 2 loss. Which was what, 4 days ago? It's a bit hazy. I do remember screaming in a friend of mines' face at the bar. And running after some weird long-haired white animal that was later determined to be a skunk. Good times. Where was I?

Oh right:

Some nights you get the Big Dodger in the Sky. And some nights the Big Dodger in the Sky gets you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goddamn, watching the sketchy TBS dugout camera online as the Dodgers approached their doom was one of the better moments in recent sports memory.

J-Ro!

"Let's get him some white women to celebrate!"
-quote from Shane Victorino...or maybe I just made that up.