Friday, September 11, 2009

An unfortunate event

I'm typing this with one hand. Yesterday I went over the handlebars on my bike. It's not the first time I've done this, but it is the first time I did it while talking on the phone. Genius. My immediate reaction was straight out of those "I'm good" beer commercials where some guy gets electrocuted or has a bowling ball dropped on their head. My wrists broke my fall and appeared to be in normal condition, no displacement or anything. But today's pain indicates some sort of sprain. Granted, I didn't get an X-Ray, so it very well could be cracked or something. But honestly (no offense gpiece) fuck going to the doctor. I can move my fingers without pain, which is really all you can ask for, right?

The main problem with injuries like this one is that now I can't get anywhere. Biking with a sprained wrist seems like it might be a bad idea. Also it's rainy, which does not help. Anyway, sorry if this is boring, but there is benefit in venting one's troubles, even if no one cares. Maybe there is some sort of schadenfreude you can glean from the image of me flying through the air and landing on hard macadam. At least this was better than getting pistol-whipped. It's all relative.

2 comments:

grant said...

if us liberals have our way, you'd be judged by a death panel. and things wouldn't look good for you my friend...

i think a firing squad is in order.

Anonymous said...

I second that. Goats is a fine candidate for the death panels, what with the narcolepsy and all. That womanizing sloth, too--I can't see him making it through a liberal fourth reich.

Feel better, you horned bastard. I hope you were talking on some early-90s phone sex line.