Friday, September 18, 2009

Lamar, where's my Harpers?

Image via


My wrist is feeling better, so let's get something up here relatively early in the day -- before I get worn out from typing "work" stuff. Topics!

Intelligentsia: The other day I was at the library, killing time before Taco Tuesday. Checking out the magazine rack, I saw Harper's, picked it up and read a great article about the semi-legal pot growers in California. Searching for it online was unsuccessful, but Harper's web site is worth visiting and has turned into a daily read. I like how David Frum is increasingly frustrated with the Republican Party because it is run by morons.

Sports: If you didn't read any of the Fire Joe Morgan Reunion at Deadspin, you should be given to a 3-year-old and tossed away like a piece of garbage, with the end result of an appearance on the Today Show. Jesus is the Derek Jeter of Christianity, it's true.

Music: Pandora has replaced the Hype Machine as my go to source for online listening. It's just better, more variety and worth playing with for a few minutes at least. Nothing against Hype Machine, I love 800 remixes of Kid Cudi as much as the next guy. But Pandora is amazingly accurate in finding like-able music. For example, I'm pretty happy about this classic rock station I made: A Day in the Life Radio. Even though it just played Hotel California. Maybe I should add Pet Sounds or something.

Mr T.: Hawking an oven.


That's it, have a blithe weekend.

0 comments: