Monday, October 04, 2010

From the archives 2


I was checking the tracker for the first time in a while and May 2007 is wildly* popular. So I clicked on it and it's a fair representation of this blog, like it is before I was aware of post-modernism.

But May 2007 was some halcyon days, I can admit drunk, what with the "deathmatch listoff" and the thing about Starship Troopers being underrated, with this lead:

The 1997 film tells the tale of Johnny Rico, Dizzy Ibanez, Doogie Howser, Denise Richards and Gary Busey's son -- among others -- as they travel across space to train for and fight the inevitable giant insect war of the 23rd century.


*4 hits

edit: Pistol whip foreshadowing!.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What! Those were heady times. Did we prefigure the birth of Pablo Sandoval, in addition to your pistol whipping?

Off to sf to watch both playoff games. Yeah I said it. See you in the NLCS muthafuckas!

Anonymous said...

Where you at the no hitter? I imagine one section singing, "Hallady," while the other, in chorus, "it will be all right," and back to the first, "If we took a halladay..."

Damn your unparalleled postseason successes.

thope said...

No I didn't go to the no hitter, because I was all like, "Gee I split the playoff seat with someone else and they wanted to go to that game and like, whatever, NLCS will be better probably anyway. I'll just send this text message confirming the decision off, what's the worst that could happen?" Little did I know something would happen that had only happened once before in the history of sport. But I'm not bitter. NO BIG DEAL.