Thursday, December 10, 2009

Extreme.



So I'm thinking big wave surfing videos are the oceanic equivalent of Warren Miller movies. Which are all generic and the similar in their badassery, but differing in that one will have skiers being pulled by snowmobiles, and another will have a skiers flying down the mountain half-skiing half-para-gliding. In my opinion either skiing or surfing vids are much more watchable than the skateboard variety. This is due to the giant mountains and waves, rather than some guy on a sidewalk doing kickflips.

Also I suppose its important to acknowledge the song in the video above, by some band called Freedom Hawk. Which is a dumb name for a band, I think, but still appropriate for their style. Sworn enemies of rival-band Fascist Falcon! Clearly Democracy Owl wasn't rawk enough. Liberty Buzzard? Independence Vulture? Together all these form the super-team I would call the Bill of Rights Birds of Prey. Ok I'm done. That song kicks ass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you missedd the firebird festival. Too bad, because it was legendary. No doubt you preferred to "stay warm" and not "pointlessly watch a giant wooden bird burn to the ground."

Lame.

thope said...

Yeah, disappointing. Unfortunately I had no way to get there as my hoverbike was in the shop.