Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Input requested?

I'm high-tailing it out of town Saturday, to the New York, despite/because of various events slash party type things that are happening around here. To avoid them. Plus, if you have the opportunity to visit a city that smells very much like garbage the first weekend of the year that the temperature could creep into the 90s, you gotta do it ho ho!

I am considering going to the Tribeca Film Festival while there, because I like movies, and why not? These are the options of what to see, based on time restraints:Metropia, Freakonomics, Spork, or The Trotsky. Any advice? Thoughts? Concerns? There is everything from animated Swedish sci-fi noir to hermaphroditic outcasts redeemed through booty-poppin' dance moves to the reincarnations of legendary Communist leaders to examinations of corruption in sumo wrestling. Also there's this one that says mature audiences only, which intrigues me of course.

To difficult for me to decide really, I'll probably just bike around Central Park a bunch in leiu of picking one(Vidal Sassoon The Movie?). But hey please offer your opinion on what I should do, so I can dismiss and ridicule it when I get back and put something up here about whatever the hell happens this weekend. This is participatory journalism! Plus if anything goes terribly wrong then I can look at your not-so-sage-in-retrospect advice and pass the buck on consequences of my actions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am disappointed you aren't going to and/or participating in the goat race. You should try and put together an impromptu goat race in NYC. I suggest doing it at the NYC Barn Dance at the Philip Coltoff Center (219 Sullivan St between Bleecker and W 3rd Sts).

The stars are aligning.

-Dan

thope said...

Yeah - not attending the goat race is disappointing. It's the second best party of the year in Phoenixville, behind of course the giant flaming wooden bird. But I have been there before e.g.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8732593@N03/2484793066/