Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Years, bitches

This post was delayed unfortunately, I started it on New Years Eve Day, but decided it would be a better idea to be on no less than 5 drugs at the same time. Took a little while to recover. At least now I have some more resolutions that could actually come true, besides "don't ever go back to Vegas"



"You and me, we'll all go down in history, with a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree." -SOAD

So if your not stuck in 2006 like French protesters, here's some crap for your general edification in the new year.
Four out of five Fainting Goats agree, these 5 pieces of (old-fashioned) media are worth checking out. I saw them all in 2006, so there's your poorly conceived connection with new years. Enjoy.

5. Hells Angels by Hunter S. Thompson. This strange and terrible saga from the doctor of gonzo journalism put him on the map. Worth reading, especially if you enjoy the good doctor's work.

4. Brick. Out on DVD right now, I might even let you borrow it. Here's the tagline: A teenage loner pushes his way into the underworld of a high school crime ring to investigate the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend. Its even more awesome than it sounds.

3. Layer Cake. You know that guy who is the new James Bond? Yeah this is better than anything he'll do as 007. Its also on DVD -- and Encore just about everyday. Plus it has yayo.

2. The Daily Local News. Just kidding.

1. The Wire. Ground-breaking. Genius. Shakespearean? My shitty adjectives cannot do this show justice. Somebody please fucking watch this so I can talk to you about it. Seriously.

Thats it kids. I'll be updating this BS periodically, just to keep it from becoming one of the so-called 200 million abandoned blogs. Maybe I'll even put up a review of Children of Men after I see it. And drunken belligerence.

1 comments:

tdenevi said...

You ever read Tolkein, you know, the Hobbit stuff? He really describes things well.